Teacher Quality and Retention Program - Application Process
Teacher Quality and Retention Program | Program Facts | Application Process | Summer Institutes | Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Us |
Page 3 of 6
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 10, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
The application process is open to all interested candidates; however, these requirements must be met prior to full acceptance into the program.
The eligibility requirements are:
- TMCF member-school student
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA or Dean’s Recommendation
- U.S. Citizen or National/Permanent Resident Status
- Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (Fall 2013)
- Education or STEM Major
- Faculty Recommendation
If you meet these eligibility requirements you may begin the application process, which includes:
- Online application
- Personal essay
- Telephone interview
Your resume should highlight your major achievements in clear and specific language. It should be no longer than one page. Please ensure that the following areas are addressed in your resume:
- Academic Achievement: Include name of degree(s), major(s), minor (s), cumulative GPA, and GPA in major. You should also describe any other academic achievements (thesis, honors program, academic awards, etc.).
- Work Experience/Extracurricular Activities: Include information about your recent work experience and/or involvement in extra-curricular activities. If you have served in a leadership role, describe the nature of your role and the size of the group/team you led. Please also include any specific, measurable achievements and awards (if applicable).
Applicants must write a 100-word biography that answers the following questions:
- Who am I and what makes me unique?
- Why do I want to be a teacher?
- How will my unique characteristics enable me to be an effective teacher?
Applicants must write a 500-word essay in response to the following prompt:
Identify and describe a period in your life when you had to overcome a major obstacle to achieve your goal.
Your essay should address all of the following questions:
- What was the specific obstacle?
- Why did the obstacle occur?
- How did you respond to and overcome the obstacle?
- What specific actions did you take?
- What was the outcome of overcoming the obstacle? What lessons were learned?
|Application Open||February 4, 2013|
|Application Deadline||April 10, 2013|
|Student Interviews||April 8 - 24, 2013|
|Student Notification||April 30, 2013|
TQRP STEM INSTITUTE
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
TQRP MALE INSTITUTE
CLICK HERE TO APPLY